Monday, March 16, 2009

Now For The Fail - Corned Beef Champ

So a big bowl of red skin mash, not yet seasoned, a hunk of corned beef, not yet sliced, cabbage which Storm will not touch and some bacon that needed to be fried. Let the craziness ensue.

I decided to slice up all the beef nice and thin for sandwiches, we had some Russian Rye and Thousand Island ready for sammies. I had a bit of a stub from the end lying on the cutting board as I started frying up the bacon. I was thinking I would add some bacon to the red skin mash.

Originally I had intended to do some traditional champ of potatoes and cabbage to try and sneak the cabbage into Storm's meal. Figured it might be helped by sauteing the cabbage in bacon grease. Are you feeling it yet?

So I started heating up some potatoes for myself, seasoned salt and pepper, butter, added in some of the bacon / cabbage mixture, threw on some cheddar cheese, well cause it was there, and threw in the little stub of left over corned beef (chopped up) and presto...

Corned Beef Champ. The fail? I failed to make enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment