Sunday, February 1, 2009

Friday Pot Luck Fail

Found this recipe in Draft magazine, in an interview with David Boreanaz, the recipe is his mothers. I modified it a bit the first time I made it, because I always do. It was deemed worthy and I planned on rolling it out for Super Bowl weekend.

First up, Friday pot luck at work and much of the fail was involved with this batch. Fail one came when I stayed out too late Thursday night to do my prep as planned, that left me scrambling to do everything Friday morning before work.

Fail two, my rushed grocery shopping this week, first unable to find kielbasa and then when I finally did find it, I got the smoked sausage and not the kielbasa.

Fail three, I forgot the crock pot liner, insuring a sticky gooey mess to clean up at work, no fun there.

Over all though, the recipe was a success, it was fully eaten, no leftovers. Two people asked for the recipe, we will have to see how it goes over on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment